Required as soon as possible
Salary: NJC Scale 3 Point 4 - 6 £21,209-£21,980 (actual starting salary £16,878)
Hours: 8.30am – 3.15pm (non-negotiable) 33.75 hours per week
Weeks worked: Term time plus INSET - 39 weeks
Completed applications will be considered upon receipt.
Glebe school is an outstanding specialist SEN school based in West Wickham. We are looking to appoint a DT Technician as soon as possible. Glebe has a broad range of students with various different needs such as, ASD, ADHD and Complex Needs. DT is well subscribed at GCSE. The role requires the successful candidate to have patience, good organisational skills and the ability to work independently to achieve deadlines.
Desirable Skills – Training can be arranged
• SMHS certificates or equivalent training / experience observing health and safety guidelines in the workshop environment.
• Experience maintaining workshop machinery and preparation of class materials.
• Knowledge of operating CAD/CAM machinery.
• Experience working with young people with special needs.
Duties will include:
• Maintenance of workshop machinery and equipment.
• Preparation of lesson materials for practical projects.
• Operating / Maintaining CAD /CAM Machinery.
• Assisting students with practical work during lesson time.
• Assisting other departments occasionally with whole-school events.
Please see the documents attached.
Glebe School is committed to safer recruitment and the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All positions require satisfactory DBS checks and references will be taken prior to interview. We are committed to promoting equality and challenging discrimination.